This Cinemark Classic Series has now come to an end, but click here to see the next group of films, starting soon!
The next group of films in the Cinemark Classic Series are a bit unusual compared to their normal selections, but just as big of a part of film history. All six of these titles that will be playing in select Cinemark theaters between July 7th and August 14th, were financially successful films, with each earning grosses of at least $100 million. Typically each series has a general theme (i.e. Best Picture winners; Steven Spielberg movies), but this time the major similarity between these films (besides that awesome feeling that they inspire within us), is the soundtracks. All of these films have unforgettable musical scores and songs, and they promise to keep your toes tapping from beginning to end.
Each of these films will be playing on the Wednesday and Sunday in their respective weeks, with Wednesday showtimes at both 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., and an additional showtime on Sunday at 2:00 p.m. You can get more information about tickets or pricing at the Cinemark website, and be sure to check out their group plan where you can buy tickets to all six movies for $30.
Showing on Sunday, July 7th, and Wednesday, July 10th:
- “Grease” (1978)- Randal Kleiser, Rated: PG (This film is being advertised as a “sing-along” film, so be ready!)
Showing on Sunday, July 14th, and Wednesday, July 17th:
- “Back to the Future” (1985)- Robert Zemeckis, Rated: PG
Showing on Sunday, July 21st, and Wednesday, July 24th:
- “National Lampoon’s Animal House” (1978)- John Landis, Rated: R
Showing on Sunday, July 28th and Wednesday, July 31st:
- “American Graffiti” (1973)- George Lucas, Rated: PG
Showing on Sunday, August 4th, and Wednesday, August 7th:
- “Ghostbusters” (1984)- Ivan Reitman, Rated: PG
Showing on Sunday, August 11th, and Wednesday, August 14th:
- “Dirty Dancing” (1987)- Emile Ardolino, Rated: PG-13